The lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic reduces air pollution in India. As a result, the Himalayas have become visible from 200 km (125 miles) away, consistent with the expectation if the Earth is a sphere 6371 km (3959 miles) in radius.
Flat-Earthers assert that the visibility of the Himalayas cannot possibly occur if Earth is a sphere as the distance is too far away. In reality, while the range is very far, the peaks are also very high, reaching more than 4400 m above sea level.
Continue reading “Visibility of the Himalayas from India Due to COVID-19 Lockdowns”
The surface of the water in a container with a width of one meter (3 ft) will have a curvature of 0.000002 cm from Earth’s gravity. As a comparison, a single SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus is at least 0.000005 cm in diameter, or at least 2½ times larger.
If a SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus is not visible to the naked eye, then there is no reason to expect that we will be able to see the much smaller curvature of the surface of water.
Continue reading “Earth’s Curvature and the Size of a Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 Causing the COVID-19 Outbreak”
Considering the following facts:
- Those who believe in flat-Earth-related hoaxes are also prone to believe —and therefore spread— COVID-19 related hoaxes and conspiracy theories.
- Those of us who like to observe and interact with flat-Earthers are likely to encounter many COVID-19 hoaxes and conspiracy theories.
- And unlike flat Earth, COVID-19 hoaxes and conspiracy theories might directly affect our lives and even the future of the human race.
We feel it is important not to let our responses to backfire and fails to achieve the ideal outcome, which is the prevention of the circulation of COVID-19 related hoaxes and conspiracy theories.
- Avoid directly addressing the COVID-19 hoaxes and conspiracy theories yourselves, which potentially makes them more popular.
- Instead, report the hoaxes and conspiracy theories using the tools provided by the social media platform, or to an independent fact-checker in your country.
We wish everyone (including flat-Earthers) good health in these unfortunate times.
List of Some Independent Fact-Checkers